Re: Normalized or not, that's the question ...

From: Roger Wernersson <roger.wernersson_at_adra.se>
Date: 1996/11/27

Wachs Rene wrote:
> We're working on a three lingual application
> (german, french and italian) and have to store text for each language.
> An user can only select (no updates, inserts or deletes allowed) and
> seee then the text in its own language.

IMHO the best solution would be to make the language a part of the primary key of the column.

    nr           number      primary key,
    language     varchar2(2) primary key,
    text_g       varchar2(30),

Then create a user table with a language column and a view joining the text table with the user table selecting only the user's language's texts.

/Roger Received on Wed Nov 27 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message