Server-side ODBC (was Re: Connectin to Oracle server from Linux.)

From: Doug Meredith <dougm_at_nb.sympatico.ca>
Date: 1996/11/26

surfer_at_csc.adminsrv.emich.edu (Alex Sharifi) wrote:

>If you load odbc on the Oracle server, you can connect to it
>from any client that uses the odbc api. I have seen odbc
>libraries in some of the Linux distributions. SQL*Net is
>out of the question unless you install the SCO libraries
>on your Linux box, and write clients using those libraries.

I may be reading this wrong. This seems to imply that there is a server-side implementation of ODBC, with a corresponding network protocol. Is this true?

Doug Meredith
Manager, Consulting Services
Skyridge Systems Inc.
Moncton, NB, Canada

Tel: (506) 854-7997
Fax: (506) 855-9673
dougm_at_nb.sympatico.ca Received on Tue Nov 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message