Re: Where does Oracle store it's locks ?

From: N Prabhakar <prabhs_at_po.pacific.net.sg>
Date: 1996/11/23

"Michael Agbaglo" <byteshif_at_cs.tu-berlin.de> wrote:
>How can I determine which rows are locked ?
>Don't want to do a lock attempt on each row. Is there a system table where
>I can retrieve these data from ?

Hi there,

In Oracle 7.2 and later, V$SESSION table holds the lock info.

It stores the following

  1. Table name which is locked.
  2. Block, File, Row Number of the row which is locked. This value is stored in decimal, You need to convert it to hexa decimal.

The above will give you the rowid of the row which is locked in the table which is retrieved from step 1

Regards

N.Prabhakar Received on Sat Nov 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message