Should we use Raw partitions or Unix File Systems???

From: <jmj22026_at_glaxowellcome.com>
Date: 1996/11/18

We are getting two new HP servers. These machines are supposed to be top of the line. 1GB ram, 64 bit machines, storage array with 20 disk, and 2 CPU's. One of our DBA's wants to use Raw Partitions. Is any one using this or has any one investigated the ups and downs of using RAW vs Unix File Systems. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I have only heard negative things, but am open to suggestions or ideas. Please either post back to news group or send to jmj22026_at_glaxowellcome.com Thanks!!

John Jones
Oracle Consultant
jmj22026_at_glaxowellcome.com Received on Mon Nov 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message