Re: SQL Server to Oracle

From: Paul Karassev <paul_at_soft.tlt.ru>
Date: 1996/11/16

rdjones_at_bluware.com wrote:

> I am looking for a utility, commercial is fine since we have $$$, that
> will convert Microsoft SQL Server stored procedures to Oracle stored
> procedures. The syntax between Transact-SQL and PL/SQL are quite
> different, and although we could write a script that would do some, I
> would rather have a more professional solution.
Hi Rick,

I think most Transact SQL procedures can not [if they are not VERY simple] be translated [I mean good , efficient code] to PL SQL with stupid "one pass" translator. But with some reverse engineering of MS SQL DB and repository to store results of re-engineering and code generator to regenerate Oracle DB from repository we could get good "translation".
I think that utility you are looking for is a part of some big and bold CASE software package. I don’t know which one do all this things best but you can ask manufacturers or dealers for evaluation copy.

Hope it helps…

--
Paul Karassev
Technical Director