MCI Group Thinking About Move To Informix ...

From: Peter Worthington <hayden_at_mindspring.com>
Date: 1996/11/14

Greetings,

I received an email from a friend at MCI yesterday about a new version of Informix that was out or is soon to be released. His group is looking at moving to this new Informix version saying it "kicks butt" compared to Oracle.

Personally, from my experience in the past I wouldnt use Informix for anything as I've been using Oracle for so many years. But I mentioned I'd look into this and see what the scoop is.

His basic question is "Why should I stay with Oracle?"

Maybe to my detriment, but I dont follow the competition at all. Can anyone give some pros and cons over this decision to move to Informix from Oracle?

I'd appreciate any input I can pass along to these guys.

Thanks Received on Thu Nov 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message