Partition Views

From: Will Cook <will.cook_at_crg.brchc.com>
Date: 1996/11/12

Oracle 7.3.2 .. I have created partition views using dates, etc. for the check constraint, i.e. one for patients and one for charts. I have created 'union all' views, one for patients and one for charts. When I join these unioned views, i.e. to associate a patient name with a chart number, I can not get Oracle to use any indexes except one created on the constraint columns. Am I hosed because when joining 2 views any indexes on columns are not utilized or am I forgetting to do something else? Any help will be very appreciated. Received on Tue Nov 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message