Re: Phantom disk space

From: BILLY VERREYNNE <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: 1996/11/08

gtupper_at_nosc.mil (Greg Tupper) wrote to Tim Antler (tantler_at_mdshealth.com)

GT> I have had a problem much like this on an HPUX 9.01 box.  I deleted all
GT> the oracle datafiles, but the system still reported my disk as 85% filled.
GT> I thought it a bug in the HpUX 9.01 kernel.
GT> Rebooting the system restored the space....

Ditto. Just we've got a RM600 (RISC/MIPS) box from Siemens Nixdorf with their UNIX version called SINIX. It seems that the ionodes are not released until you actually do a reboot.

Maybe this a known bug in all RISC-based UNIX systems?

regards,
Billy
vslabs_at_onwe.co.za Verreynne Software Labs, Johannesburg Z.A.

  • RM 1.31 3337 *