Oracle and NT text-mode progs.

From: Richard 'Frog' Barrott <u952297_at_student.canberra.edu.au>
Date: 1996/11/05

I have a fairly interesting problem that I hope someone can help me with, or least point me in the right direction to solve.

I need to be able to telnet to an NT server (which is running) an Oracle server, and then run a text-mode program that will perform queries and updates on an Oracle database.

How do I do it ?

The first part I have solved ; there are several telnetd-type programs for NT that allow you to telnet to the server. The trick bit (for me) is how do I write the text-mode program that can communicate with the database ?

ANY help on this would be greatly appreciated.

PS: If anyone is interested - I am trying to connect a bar-code reader, that is a hand-held PC, to the NT server. The networking side is straight-forward - via TCP/IP, but the database side is giving me trouble... If anyone has any better ways of doing this, I'm open to suggestions as well.

Thanks very much in advance.