Re: Phantom disk space

From: Walter Zimmer <wzimmer_at_atair.rz.uni-ulm.de>
Date: 1996/11/05

Tim Antler (tantler_at_mdshealth.com) wrote:
: Has anyone ever encountered this before? Is it a Digital UNIX quirk or
: Oracle. We are running DU 3.2c. The backup/restore software is Polycenter
: Save/Restore that comes with DU.
We had a similar problem as we deleted the /oracle tree without shutting down the database. As long as a process accesses a file, the space is claimed even when another process deletes it and even if the file is not in any directory anymore.

So, make sure all ora_* (...) processes are killed and the disk will be ok.

BTW, this would rather belong to comp.databases.oracle.server

Walter

walter.zimmer_at_rz.uni-ulm.de
Forms 4.5 developer Received on Tue Nov 05 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message