Help with user_exit in win95

From: Marcus Williford <marcus_at_mail.ao.net>
Date: 1996/11/02

Help, my user_exit will not work correctly with forms 4.5 for WIN95. It seems to run, but not allow me to pass information back and forth, i.e. EXEC TOOLS routines. I have compiled pro*c stuff and it seems to work fine, I have also used the ora.ffi and they seem to work ok, but when I tried to run a user_exit it will run, but not let me do Oracle pro*c commands, etc.. The book (Advanced Tech from Oracle) shows me how to do this user_exit stuff, but it mentions libraries and object files that I don't have.

It says use:

uez.obj   	I have this one
osswep.obj 	Did not have this one
f45xtb.def	dll def file, I fixed this that way it should be
ue_xtb.c	defined by call table
ue_samp.c	my implementation c file

ldllcew.lib	could not find this one
libw.lib	could not find this one
oldnames.lib	could not find this one
f45r.lib	I found f45r32.lib assume it is a 32bit version
sql16win.lib	i only have sqllib18.lib a new one i think.
sqx16win.lib	i only have sqxlib18.lib a newer one also

So after many hours of fighting my microsoft VC++4.0 compiler, what files I had seemed to link. I ran the user_exit, and could bring up a MessageBox() call from the dll, so I know that it almost works, but I cant do a
EXEC TOOLS command to pass around data.
nor can i do a
EXEC SQL command.

HELP!!! thanks in advance,
marcus,
marcus_at_ao.net Received on Sat Nov 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message