Re: Using DLL from PL/SQL outside forms

From: Gert Rijs <gem_at_wirehub.net>
Date: 1996/11/01

I don't think it will be a small action for oracle if you consider what has to happen when you execute a pl/sql block containing a dll-function call (outside Forms wich has its own pl/sql interpreter):

  1. client-program (windows) sends pl/sql to server (unix, perhaps)
  2. server runs pl/sql and 'sees' a dll-function
  3. server has to load a dll on the client-machine and execute the function.

Perhaps you can see the problem (step 3). Even if oracle would implement it, i dont think it would perform very well...

Gert Rijs