Re: Forms 4.5 How do you get the last record number without going to the Last Record ??

From: Steve Cosner <stevec_at_zimmer.csufresno.edu>
Date: 1996/11/01

In article <01bbc684$81e87ae0$090364c8_at_David.erudite.com>, David Brenchley <dbrenchley_at_erudite.com> wrote:
>Anybody please??
>I need to get the last record without firing the When-New-Record-Instance.

First: PLEASE use comp.databases.oracle.tools for Forms questions. The old group, comp.databases.oracle will be removed next month.

I haven't tried it, but this should work: In a key-exeqry trigger, do a COUNT_QUERY followed by EXECUTE_QUERY. The Count_Query will cause the form to a Select count(*) and display the results in a message. You can trap the message and get the count in an on-message trigger.

Hope this helps.
Steve Cosner Received on Fri Nov 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message