Help! In Creating Dynamic tables

From: Pravin Agarwal <pravin_at_pathcom.com>
Date: 1996/11/01

Problem:
I have a table containing retail sales data for each day from different stores.
structure is Product_code

             tran_date
             store_no
             qty
	     price

We have a ready made package from a software vendor where they want us to create a table for each store for a day. and insert sales transactions for a day.
Data sample show below:

	     Product_code     prod1             prod1
             tran_date        01-Jan-96         01-JAN-96
             store_no         001               002
             qty              10                20
	     price            100               100

To be converted as:
What i want is to create two tables dynamically fror my PL/SQL script create table pos_01_JAN_96_001

(product_code       varchar2(10),
 tran_date          date,
 store_no           number(3),
 qty                number(3),
 price		    number(7,2));

 commit;
Insert into table pos_01-jan_96_001 values (prod1, 01-JAN-96,001,10,100); similarly for any other transacetion.
I understand the logic that I should only create the table only once for a day for a store etc..I can take care of that.

Any suggestions please email pravin_at_pathcom.com

Thank you. Received on Fri Nov 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message