Designer/2000 2.1 and Personal Oracle7 conflict?

From: Indu Adige <adige_at_xnet.com>
Date: 1996/10/31

I would appreciate any comments:

I need to find out if the Designer/2000 2.1 repository for Windows (which installs in Windows95 into the 'ORAWIN' directory), is compatible with Personal Oracle7 (which installs in Windows95 into the 'ORAWIN95' directory).

I have "Installing the Oracle Designer/2000 repository A Practical Guide" by Doug Lhotka, and "Designer/2000 Repository Administration 6.0.8" by Oracle Corporation, and have used these as guides to coming up with an installation procedure. The steps include running CATPROC.SQL, creating a separate tablespace for tables and indexes, creating a repository owner (by running CKROROLE.SQL), updating the INIT.ORA and ORACLE.INI (THIS LAST STEP CONFUSES ME), and then running the install.

What confuses me is this:

  1. Can Designer/2000 2.1 even be installed in such a test setup on a Windows 95 machine, working against Personal Oracle7?
  2. If so, should I be installing it into the ORAWIN95 dir and not the ORAWIN dir.
  3. Also, if into the ORAWIN95 directory, what about all those changes to the ORACLE.INI and INIT.ORA files (is there an alternative)?

Please do help, and thanks in advance,
Vik. Received on Thu Oct 31 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message