Re: IMP & Initial Extents

From: Axel Schlueter <schluete_at_deneb.informatik.uni-hannover.de>
Date: 1996/10/30

In article <327688C3.20BF_at_i3107ps2.atl.hp.com> Jan Thompson <jant_at_i3107ps2.atl.hp.com> writes:

> Jan Thompson wrote:
> >
> > Hello world:
> >
> > I have a question about EXP/IMP, particularly IMP.
> >
> > .
> > .
> > .
>

> Let me add here the IMP command I ran on my Unix prompt:
>
> imp USERID=hello/world COMMIT=Y INDEXES=Y FULL=Y
> GRANTS=Y BUFFER=30000 FILE=expdat.dmp

The default value of COMPRESS is Y, so you did an export, which compressed each of your tables in ONE extent. This extent may be too big for your tablespaces (perhaps they are fragmented). If you know the names and columns of your tables, you can Create them first with the appropriate storage parameters and then fill them with data, using IMPORT with IGNORE=Y.

Hope this helps

Axel Schlueter
Institut fuer Informatik
Universitaet Hannover, Germany Received on Wed Oct 30 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message