Lotus Approach and Oracle using ODBC

From: Jack <drawbridge.jack_at_ic.gc.ca>
Date: 1996/10/30

Does someone have Approach 3.0 on Windows3.1 interacting with Oracle 7.2 via ODBC? If so, I'd appreciate any info you could offer on the ODBC driver and set up.

   We are attempting to get this combination working. However, Approach indicates the Oracle database has no unique key nor timestamp. The choice is to download a copy of the data base or quit. This is a large database so downloading a copy is not the answer. The documentation {{Chapter D-2 of Approach 3.0 manual}} indicates that Approach will proceed in ReadOnly mode. We use Access 2.0 to talk to this database regularly without incident. We now have Lotus OA suite and have Approach on each desktop.

   TIA
   J. Drawbridge Received on Wed Oct 30 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message