Re: [SQL*FORMS] A multi-table block?

From: Peter Moore <ptmoore_at_sequent.com>
Date: 1996/10/30

Steve,

You may as well just create a view defining the UNION and leave it there all the time. The only overhead involved is to read the View definition before executing the query. I the form is used often the view and its underlying statement will probably be cached continuously anyway.

There is a way of replacing the default block query, but Forms3 developing is now receding into the mists of memory. I'm pretty sure that the processing required is less efficient than defining a view.

Cheers,

PT