Re: Question: Export and Import

From: Ignace Neuman <ignace.neuman_at_tip.nl>
Date: 1996/10/29

On 29-10-96 22:53, in message <N.102996.225336.47_at_wxs2-5.worldaccess.nl>, cmtnl_at_worldaccess.nl wrote:

> I am an user of an Oracle application. The database of the application has
> two
> owners with their own tables: 'demo' and 'production'. The tables of demo are
> identical to the tables of production. Each table has constraints and
> triggers.
> QUESTION: Which procedure must I follow to empty the tables of 'demo' and to
> fill them with the contents of the tables of 'production' using the import
> and
> export tool. Maybe you know also a site where I can download the import and
> export tool

There is no simple answer to your question. I would drop the demo owner with the cascade option after having exported the production owner, created the demo owner and imported the production tables,constraints etc. into the new demo owner. But from your question I gather that you don't know of the existence of the programs export and import in your current Oracle DBMS package, which are part of it. You should have a DBA who takes care of this or (and?) read a few books (there are very good books around e.g. from Oracle Press: The DBA Handbook), though hands on experience is still the best.

Good Luck

Ignace Neuman, another Oracle DBA Received on Tue Oct 29 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message