They are completely the same, aren't they ?

From: NAGY Lajos <winter_at_eik.bme.hu>
Date: 1996/10/26

	I am using the oracle web server to produce html
	pages. But I have a serious problem. It doesn't
	want to show or accept Latin-1 characters.
	It simply cuts the eigth bit
	of the character (I think so) so e' will be i
	U' changes to Z and so on. I'm working with
	an other oracle installation at this time
	which accepts and shows these characters.
	I'm checked the owa.cfg and sv8888.cfg files
	and they are the same. Is it possible that
	some NLS variable is set and it is confusing
	everything ?

	p.s. I'm not sure that it is the web
	server which is malconfigured because I have
	the same problem in sqlplus.

				Winterbrook