Re: Oracle7 Workgroup Server 7.3.2.2.0 for SPARC Solaris 2.4/2.5

From: Charles Metalitz <taxpayer_at_Jupiter.Mcs.Net>
Date: 1996/10/25

Earl Wallace (earlw_at_news.walltech.com) wrote: : I just purchased 'Oracle7 Workgroup Server 7.3.2.2.0 for SPARC Solaris

     ...[extensive description of problems omitted]... My experience, this week, was similar: wouldn't install, incomplete docs, uninformed technical support. The good news (for me) was that this is a 30-day trial license which I haven't paid for.

But when I looked at this (c.d.o) newsgroup prior to arranging the trial, I found few complaints about Oracle products, mainly just intelligent questions and responses. Is it only Solaris 2.5.1, and only Workgroup Server 7.3, that are unsatisfactory? In general are Oracle products and support reliable?

And, given the hardware (Sun Ultra) and operating system (Solaris 2.5.1) that I use, what products might give more satisfactory results?

--Chuck Metalitz
  Northeastern Illinois Planning Commission   taxpayer_at_nipc.org Received on Fri Oct 25 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message