Re: Forms 4.5 question, item Updateable property

From: TNasset <tnasset_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/10/24

In article <326D8B3F.40C8_at_castle.net>, Sadru Fidai <sfidai_at_castle.net> writes
>Hi,
>
>I have come across a situation where forms 4.5 behaves differently from
>its 3.0 counterpart.
>
>Consider a block with no base table. I would like, based on certain
>conditions, to allow or disallow entry into the items belonging to this
>block. In FORMS 3.0 item level UPDATEABLE property would do the trick.
>(We would set UPDATEABLE on CURSOR-ITEM to FALSE on
>WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE trigger and set it back to TRUE on POST-TEXT-ITEM
>trigger.) When you set UPDATEABLE to FALSE, the cursor visits each item
>but won't let you type anything.

You should also take a look at item properties NAVIGATIBLE (check spelling), MOUSE_NAVIGATIBLE, and ENABLED.

If I recall correctly, these properties control whether or not you can navigate into a field, whether base table or not. Hope this helps. Received on Thu Oct 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message