Re: New User wants to know: How to create user(s) with the trial package of ORA7_NT.

From: Chuck Hamilton <chuckh_at_dvol.com>
Date: 1996/10/23

Alex Zhao <hunt_at_hunttech.com> wrote:

>Hi, there.
>
> New user (ora. age 1 day) wants to know how to create new user
>with the trial package of Ora7 server for NT. It looks that I've
>installed it right, and have started a test database running.

CREATE USER username IDENTIFIED BY password;

If you want to get fancy, you can specifiy a default and temporary tablespace by adding: DEFAULT TABLESPACE tsname TEMPORARY TABLESPACE tsname.

If you want the user to be able to log on, do:

GRANT CONNECT TO username;

--
Chuck Hamilton
chuckh_at_dvol.com

This message delivered by electronic sled dogs. WOOF!