Question on SQLPLUS (to store query results in a file)

From: ERNST & YOUNG <jlaferri_at_ey.ca>
Date: 1996/10/22

Hi world,

I use SQLPLUS version 3.3 on AIX. I am currently writing a shell script and I have a problem.

I set what it is needed to spool the output on a file. All is working ok, except that my output also appear in my log file. I dont want my output in the log file, but only in the file where I spool. All the SQLPLUS commands are directly in the file containing the shell script. I know that if I put all the commands in a command file it works correctly (the output appears only in the file where it is supposed to be spooled... not in the log file). But I cant use a command file because I create the WHERE clause using a parameter transferred to the script and sometimes there is no WHERE clause (only ;). Here is a piece of my code:

WH='WHERE bla bla bla;'

sqlplus bla/blabla <<eof

SET NEWPAGE 0
SET SPACE 0
SET PAGESIZE 0
SET ECHO OFF
SET FEEDBACK OFF
SET HEADING OFF
SET TERMOUT OFF
--

  • Extrait de la table reclamation_fixe
    --

Do you have a brilliant idea?

Jocelyne Laferriere
Caron Belanger Ernst & Young Received on Tue Oct 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message