Re: Queries and Subqueries

From: Frenchy461 <frenchy461_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/10/22

I spent about a full day trying to figure this out but I can't remember why(I could if I tried to but I don't want to right now). For some reason when there is a lot of rows involved in a concatenation of queries, the combined query has a problem handling (+). Intsead, try and use unions with the combination of NOT EXISTS in each of the select. If you have more than two tables, you must all possible combinations. I did it with 6 tables. It speeded the query up to instantly. Send me a note if it works.

        create view view_master
             select .....
             from VIEWA A, VIEWB B
             where A.acct1 = B.acct1