Re: Creating the same tables twice in one database instance

From: Frenchy461 <frenchy461_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/10/22

Just a Quess!!!

Two User -
User1 -> owns one set of tables with grants to insert, update and delete to ROLE1.
grant ROLE1 to USER3, USER4 & USER5.
User2 -> owns one set of tables with grants to insert, update and delete to ROLE2.
grant ROLE2 to USER6, USER7 & USER8.
(No public synonyms)

USER3, USER4 & USER5 needs User1's tables. They should have access to both sets of tables. Create a private synonym to User1 tables within each of the users.
When selecting in these users, ORACLE will look for a table(none) and then will look for synonyms( which it is private to them therefore it will not conflict with other synonyms from USER6, USER7, USER8.

USER6, USER7 & USER8 needs User1's tables. They should have access to both sets of tables. Create a private synonym to User1 tables within each of the users.
When selecting in these users, ORACLE will look for a table(none) and then will look for synonyms( which it is private to them therefore it will not conflict with other synonyms from USER3, USER4, USER5.

I hope I haven't forgot anything. I hope it works,. Let me know if it does. Received on Tue Oct 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message