Re: PO7 tries to dialup on database startup

From: Tomas Gardson <tomas.gardson_at_mbox200.swipnet.se>
Date: 1996/10/20

Chris Rickard <crickard_at_usa.net> wrote in article <32679938.37DC_at_usa.net>...
> From: Self <Single-user mode>
> To: web-sup_at_us.oracle.com
> Subject: PO7 Installation question
> Send reply to: crickard_at_usa.net
> Date sent: Fri, 18 Oct 1996 09:55:15
>
> I am trying to get the PO7 for Win95 installed on a stand-alone PC.
> For the most part, the installation went fine (although the web
> pages don't necessarily match what I download from the web site.) I
> am running into two problems.
>
> 1. Whenever I start or stop the database, the dialup dialog pops
> up. It is as if Oracle is trying to establish a PPP connection. If
> I press cancel, the dialog goes away but seems to arbitrarily
> reappear agin later. I really want to disable this feature as I
> don't anticipate connecting to a remote database. I have not done
> anything using SQL*Net - the only SIDs in the TNSNAMES.ORA file are
> the ones that came with the product.

Try this: Start the Oracle installer . On the window of instlled product, go to the
sql*net section. Remove the installed TCP-adaptors. This will prevent PO7 from
using the TCP/IP dial upp service.

Good Luck!
Tomas   Received on Sun Oct 20 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message