Re: Connect ODBC to Oracle

From: Todd Verstraten <tverstrat_at_tier3.com>
Date: 1996/10/18

nissd_at_ksc-17.ksc.co.th wrote:

> I'm try to use ODBC to connect to my Oracle (7.3).
> But I alway get message
>
> Driver Message:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Specified
> driver colud not be loaded
>
> But when I use SQL*Plus to connect pass ODBC, and use same
> ODBC Alias (Connect string = ODBC:<Alias name>).
> It can connect to Oracle with no error.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Kraiwut.

sql plus does NOT use odbc aliases!!!!!

the name you give odbc is the data source name. when setting up the data source in odbc you can give it an oracle alias in the connect string.

the error message means it can't find the oracle odbc driver dll. you can check odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini to see if entries are there for oracle.
try resinstalling the odbc driver if all looks well.

Todd Verstraten
mailto:tverstrat_at_tier3.com
http://www.tier3.com Received on Fri Oct 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message