Re: Moving tables from tablespace

From: Steve Dodsworth <Steven_Dodsworth_at_qsp.co.uk>
Date: 1996/10/17

In <32662B71.7A5A_at_delight.be>, Patrick Coulier <Patrick_at_delight.be> writes:
>Dear Oracle-newsgroupreaders,
>
>As an Oracle-newbee,
>
> this seems to be the place to ask my simple question:
>

>What's the easiest way to move a table from user USER1 and tablespace TS1 to
>another user USER2 and tablespace TS2 ???
>

>Any help is very appreciated.
>
>Pat
Pat,

try

  • exporting the table
  • imp indexfile=temp.sql (to get the DDL)
  • amend temp.sql, change the tablespace TS1 to TS2 (remove reference to user1)
  • run temp.sql as user2
  • imp the original file adding the parameters fromuser=user1 touser=user2

Bye,
Steve

| any similarity 'tween my opinions and that |
|  of my employers are purely hypothetical   |
|     and should give no cause for alarm     |