Re: Spooler in C/S environment

From: peter hakanson <peter_at_cyklop.volvo.se>
Date: 1996/10/16

How about lpr clients on the pc's ?

Then the users are able top print, show and cancel their printjobs.

Giorgio Sommaruga (gsommaru_at_mbox.vol.it) wrote:
: In a C/S environment clients are PC with Windows application developed
: with Gupt and the Database is an Oracle 7.2 running on Risc 6000
: (AIX).

: Clients are connected to Oracle by Novell Netware IP engine over a
: Netware 4.1 LAN.

: My problem is the following.

: I wish to submit the big prints to some COBOL applications running
: over RISC.

: I'm thinkingon a job which name is stored from client application into
: an Oracle table.
: A scheduler will read this table and start the job.

: My I menage these jobs?

: I Search for a job control application which my users can run to
: manage their jobs IN C/S ENVIRONMENT (I haven't any other users
: registred into Unix then the admin staff).

: Opposite I can accept one for only admin staff.

: But my really great problem is printing management.

: Analysts and programmers don't know how to control this; they thought
: about some kind of spooler like that on IBM AS/400.

: Now I search only C/S spooler where the user is able to stop, to
: suspend, to restart a print job or resubmit it to another queue or
: users.
: The user should is able to start (or restart) print job from any pages
: or a preview of this one.

: Can you help me?

: Thank in advance.

: Giorgio Sommaruga
: gsommaru_at_mbox.vol.it
: gsommaru_at_mbox.vol.it

Peter Hakanson  VolvoData Dep 2580 phone +46 31 66 74 27