Re: Hint message for Forms 4.5 buttons?

From: Robbert van der Hoorn <hoornr_at_vertis.nl>
Date: 1996/10/16

Tim Nguyen <tim_at_van.oz.au> wrote in article <1996Oct14.233243.22922_at_van.oz.au>...
> Douglas Scott <dsscott_at_gte.net> writes:
>
> >Developer 2000 comes with a Forms 4.5 toolbar demo that uses a Hint
> >library to display text when a user holds the mouse over a button. For
> >some reason Oracle doesn't want you to see the source code for the
> >library since only a compiled version is provided. I want to include
> >this feature, but it seems to only work on Windows and I have to support
> >both Macintoshes and Windows. Does anyone know where I can find some
> >source code for this feature?????
>
> Is it a PLL? You can "reverse engineer" to PLD by either in Forms
 Designer
> or Form Generator.
> Good luck,
> Tim
>
> --

Allthough some source is in a pll (from WINDEMO.PLL), the 'real' source is in a DLL file (SHOWHINT.DLL), called by user-exits in WINDEMO.DLL (copied as F45XTB.DLL); you cannot change the source of showhint.dll, nore reverse engineer it. These type of hints only work with Windows (allthough there are some bugs, creating a lot of GPF's). In Release 2.0 is a 'NATIVE' version of hints; Oracle claims tese are platform independent.

Robbert van der Hoorn
Vertis BV Veendam Received on Wed Oct 16 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message