Re: Help on PL/SQL tables

From: Amar Kapadia <amar_at_infopro.po.my>
Date: 1996/10/14

In article <325E7CDC.78CC_at_clemson.edu> shekar_at_clemson.edu writes:

>Hi,
>I would appreciate if someone out there could help me figure out
>as to why am not able to create PL/SQL table.
>
>I am doing a Forms 4.5 application and require to store the extracts
>from cursor into a PL/SQL table for future manipulation of the stored
>contents. But the problem is coming in the declaration part of PL/SQL
>table. The language is unable to recognize the syntax of PL/SQL table
>
>ie TYPE access_group IS TABLE OF dap.dap_data_value1.access_group%type
> INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER;
>
>can anyone see any mistake in the syntax but am getting a error as
>
>Error 103 at line 2,column 31
> Encountered the symbol "OF" when expecting one of the following
> "{"
>
>can anyone tell me why it is happening. I know that Forms 4.5 is
>supported by PL/SQL 2.0 so all that is present in PL/SQL 2.0 should be
>supported by Forms 4.5 isn't it?
>
>I appreciate all the answers towards solving my problem.
>
>Thanks
>Rajashekar

  Forms 4.5 does not support PL/SQL version 2.0. So, if you want to use PL/SQL tables, you will have to write a stored procedure.   To get functionality similar to PL/SQL tables in Forms, you can use Record Groups. But the syntax for using Record Groups is very differnt from that of PL/SQL tables. You can refer to the Forms 4.5 Online Help for details.

Amar. Received on Mon Oct 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message