Re: Mouse locks when using ODBC.

From: ChrisPatr <chrispatr_at_aol.com>
Date: 1996/10/14

In article <32627DFC.6874_at_dmu.ac.uk>, Grant Croker <bcs93gc_at_dmu.ac.uk> writes:

>Satu Toivanen wrote:
>>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I wonder if anyone have or had this kind of problem?
>>
>> When I use ODBC to an Ingres database or an Oracle database my mouse
>>
>> stops working. Does anyone know why this kind of thing happens?
>>
>> Please help!
>> /Satu
>>
>> (I use Intersol 2.11, QEING407.DLL)

Grant Croker added

>I can only speak from an ingres point of use but there was a 'bug' when
>a connect was issued with the intersolv 2.11 driver to Ingres via Visual
>Basic 4 ( this may have affected other client fe apps but I only used
>VB4) - the problem was with the intersolv product and their answer was
>to upgrade to 2.12 (in the case of the ingres ODBC drivers). My answer
>is to get an update from the supplier of the ODBC driver.
>

>regards

This occurs when using VB4. Microsoft added scrollable cursors to SQL Server and VB4 expects the correct reply from the ODBC driver when any ODBC call is made. If the ODBC driver does not take this into account the mouse gets blown away. The only fix I know of is to contact your ODBC supplier and get the latest version.

The problem was caused by Microsoft not Intersolv but the ODBC vendors were left holding the baby!

It affected all databases exept SQL Server

regards
/Chris Patrick Received on Mon Oct 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message