Re: Database Connectivity via the WWW

From: Harold Sasaki <hsasaki_at_harold.com>
Date: 1996/10/11

On 11 Oct 1996 Nick DImitrakas <dimitrakas.nick.nm_at_bhp.com.au> wrote:

=> I am currently involved in an investigation of how best to access data in
=> various database systems (primarily Oracle and Access) from the WWW.
=> I am interested in finding out peoples experiences in trying to do this
=> type of thing, how they did it and whether it was a success or not.

=> At the end of the day I am looking to compile a list of alternatives that
=> could be used to either query or manipulate data (in databases) from the
=> web,
=> what the implications of each are and hopefully where the technology is
=> headed in the future.

Oracle can be done with "oraperl" to give you an easy interface to write CGI scripts that connect to the database. Informix can be done similarly with "isqlperl".

--
-----
Harold Sasaki