Re: Connecting to Oracle 7 with SQL*Links

From: Eugene Freydenzon <efreydenzon_at_corpinfo.com>
Date: 1996/10/11

Angelito Dizon wrote:

> On Tue, 08 Oct 1996 16:02:00 -0400,
> Shelley Price <sprice_at_1cdndiv.kingston.net> wrote:
>
> >Problem: Need to connect using SQL*Links to Oracle 7
> >I can connect with SQL*Plus, but using SQL*Links I get ora -12154
> >TNS:could not resolve service name; service name not specified correctly
> >in TNSNAMES.ORA file.
> >If this is the case why can I connect with SQL*Plus?
> >Help!!
> >

> Make sure your SERVER_NAME is correctly identified in your BDE alias
> definition. Also your NET PROTOCOL must be either 'TNS' or blank.
>
> Which version of Delphi (I'm assumming it's Delphi) and of Oracle are you
> using?
>
> Lito
>
> Lito Dizon
> adizon_at_us.net

Try _at_TNS:connection_name
where connection name is your name in TNSNAMES.ORA.

Hope it helps,

Eugene.

*        Everything above is only my opinion           *
* If you see a lion in a cage and sign says "elephant" *
*           DO not belive your eyes !                  *
*       (Kozma Prutkov. (informal translation))        *