Re: Q: Triggers and raise_application_error

From: <dmoyer_at_gpu.com>
Date: 1996/10/08

In <32590D37.3EEC_at_isotro.com>, Tony Farrow <tony_at_isotro.com> writes:
>I am trying to remove any additional errors that are being produced
>when I run the exception handling.

>if (condition) then
> raise my_error;
>end if;
>exception
>
>when my_error then
> raise_application(-20001, ' My Error.');
>
>and this seems to work EXCEPT I get the following additional errors
>when I insert into the table.
>
>ORA-20001: My Error. << This is EXCELLENT
>ORA-06512: at line 18 << I DO NOT WANT to see this
>ORA-04088: error during execution of trigger 'tablename.trigger'
>
>Is there any way to handle the remaining two errors within my
>exception routine?
>
>regards
>tony
>tony_at_isotro.com

These last two errors are part of your exception handling. I don't know of any way to suppress them. When they are sent back to FORMS it will have just your error in the variables and you could produce your own error message inside an On-Error Trigger.

D. Scott Moyer, Jr.                        dmoyer_at_gpu.com (preferred for work)
GPU Service Corporation                dsmoyer_at_enter.net (preferred for home)
Reading, PA Received on Tue Oct 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message