Re: Alter database rename datafile question

From: janet <janet_at_telesph.com>
Date: 1996/10/04

Hi all,

     I want to thank you all for your input. It was very much appreciated and made me feel more comfortable with attempting something I had never tried before.

     Robert, Varad, Michael Abbey, Dick, Michael Serbanescu, Dave, and g0: I hope you don't mind a group thank you. I much appreciated your quick and comprehensive responses.

     There seems to be a lot of confusion on the system tablespace.
     Anyway, here's what happened:  I did the shutdown, copy, startup
nomount, alter, and open. Even for the system tablespace. It did not seem to give me any problems. I had the "users" test it, and run through a normal days' work (with the old files saved for fallback purposes) - and I am happy to say that everything looks good!

     I am on other (non-oracle) ng's on the usenet, and I have to say that this one is my favorite. the people here are great. thanks again!
janet Received on Fri Oct 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message