Re: Backup mode information in data dictionary

From: Michael Serbanescu <ms_at_cmprime.cis.att.com>
Date: 1996/10/03

The data dictionary view that stores the information you want is V$BACKUP (or V_$BACKUP). Check the value of column STATUS. If the value='ACTIVE', it means that the file is in backup mode. However, this table goes by file, not by tablespace; therefore, you have to run a query that joins V$BACKUP and SYS.DBA_DATA_FILES tables.

I hope this helps.

Michael Serbanescu
Sr. ORACLE DBA, TRECOM Business Systems, Edison, NJ ms_at_cmprime.cis.att.com
(908)576-3894