Re: VB and Oracle ODBC

From: <jburke_at_ybp.com>
Date: 1996/10/02

I find that there are a couple of common mistakes in this situation.

  1. are you absolutely sure that the sql is valid...have you acutally set a breakpoint in the code ..printed out the sql before it was executed then cut and paste it into sql plus to make sure that you are executing the same code.
  2. are you sure the connect paramters for you database object are the same as when you log onto sql plus ( check not only your logon name and password but your ODBC datasorce as well.

Jason