Re: Help!!!!!!! ORACLE Guru!

From: varad acharya <vacharya.ford_at_e-mail.com>
Date: 1996/10/02

Leonid G. Shanin wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I'v got SCO UNIX (3.4.2) and WorkGroup ORACLE 7.1, 64M RAM and kernel parametrs
>
> SHMSEG 16
> SHMMAX 20971520
> SHMMNI 100
> SHMALL 10000

You do not specify the block size this database is using. The size of the SGA depends a lot on the database block size,shared pool allocation & the # of log buffers specified

approx ( db_block_size * db_block_buffers + shared_pool_size +

          log_buffer )

Ensure that the result of this computation is less than the memory available for user processes on your machine. From the error message it appears that the O/S cannot find the required memory to startup Oracle

--

Regards,

Varad Acharya