Re: Snapshot problem with fast refresh

From: Wayne Linton <lintonw_at_cadvision.com>
Date: 1996/10/01

> SNAPSHOT_REFRESH_KEEP_CONNECTIONS = FALSE (default)
> Alberto Rivera

Firstly I suggest you use KEEP=TRUE, as you don't want to incur the overhead of starting up a new connection every 60 seconds. This may do the trick in your 7.0 environment. In 7.0 I also found that the order in which you set up your snapshots and snapshot logs is important.

  1. set up your snapshot log
  2. set up your snapshot

The jobs facility is available in 7.1 also and seems to handle this finiky order problem better (ie you can run the 'stalled' job to get the fast refreshes going again)

Wayne Linton Received on Tue Oct 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message