Re: Why no patches available from Oracle's ftp/www server ?

From: <Steve_Kilbane_at_cegelecproj.co.uk>
Date: 1996/10/01

> aak2_at_Ra.MsState.Edu (Atif Ahmad Khan) apparently wrote:

> >But why would
> >they not release patches for these on their ftp or web server and
> >want you to have to pay for it ?

I don't know how things are in your country, but in the UK, www.oracle.co.uk is a server which (a) is restricted to support customers, and (b) contains (I think) patches. The free-for-all marketing hype server is www.uk.oracle.com.

This I can live with. What annoys me is that *all* of the support site is protected. There isn't any accessible top-level page that says, "this is the protected site; marketing is on another site".

Sigh.

steve Received on Tue Oct 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message