Oracle on Digital Unix RAID

From: Luis Santos <lsrelac_at_pobox.com>
Date: 1996/09/30

        Hello,

        I'm a DBA for an Oracle7 Enterprise based on a Digital Unix v3.2C with Digital Storage Works RAID system. Currently, we have four 2.1 Gb disk. One disk is out of RAID, and the others three are on RAID 5.

        My question: Which are, if this configuration, the best file disposal of data datafiles, index datafiles, system datafiles, log files, control files and archive log destination.

        If I bought one or two more disks, do you advice me to put them on or out of the RAID?

        Thanks,

--
Luis Santos
Relacional Consultoria