proc run by NT Sheduler

From: Jim Tench <tenchj_at_entcf2.agw.bt.co.uk>
Date: 1996/09/26

Curious this.

        I've written a proc app to run on an NT box as a sheduled command and it fails to log on to Oracle. The only way I have been able to get it to run is to wrap it up in a .cmd file and set the oracle_sid with-in that file. The thing I don't understand is why it needs this. The environment variable is set in the system environment, so in theory it should be seen. The even more puzzling thing is that it works as expected on a second (identical) NT box. This is particularly worrying as this is going to be part of a commercial product.

        Neither Oracle or Microsoft can shed any light on this. Has anyone seen this before or even better know why it happens. The problem is not restricted to shedular either, when using a product called connect direct (something else that logs in non-iteractively) exactly the same thing happens.

Jim T Received on Thu Sep 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message