forms and delete won't work!

From: Adrianne Lim <adlim561_at_sfsu.edu>
Date: 1996/09/26

Dear Readers,

	Help! I've come across a problem using Oracle since we migrated from
	version 6 to 7.  Our forms don't work, so I have to resort to
	writing the scripts manually.  There must be some ways around it
	in order to bring back the forms window.  The tech guy at Oracle
	didn't help much, since he gave a vague answer to my boss's question.

	I'd like to know where I can start to resolve this problem.
	Whenever I run forms it gives me this error message:

	FRM-40011:  Form was created by an old version of SQL*Forms (Generate)

	It then kicks me back to the main menu.
	I have looked all over the Error Messages book and asked around,
	but to no avail.  How can I run forms again?

	Another problem I have is deleting some books from our database.
	It was working fine before we migrated, but it hasn't worked since
	we're using version 7.0.

	First I run markstat1.sql, it goes smoothly.  markstat1.sql contains		the following scripts:
			UPDATE BOOK
			SET DEL_STATUS = 'D', DEL_DATE ='30-JUL-91'
			WHERE ACLSID = 'ORAD0001-001';

	The second step is running a script called ins_del.sql
	which contains:
			INSERT INTO DEL_BOOK
			SELECT *
			FROM BOOK
			WHERE DEL_STATUS = 'D';

	It's only when I run this step that I get this error message:

		Error at line 1:
		ORA-00001:  Unique contraint (ACLS.DBOOK_IDX) violated.

	What am I doing wrong?  How can I resolve these problems?
	I don't know the extent of migrating, since my boss handles all that.
	I log on to a Sun Sparc 5.3 to maintain files and run
	SQL*Plus version 3.1.3.7.1 which connects to the Oracle7 Server
	Release 7.1.6.2.0

	I hope someone can help me solve this problem.
	Thank you in advance,

		Adrianne

	To see a world in a grain of sand
	And heaven in a wild flower,