Re: OraPerl and SQL*Net V2

From: jared still <jared_at_valleynet.com>
Date: 1996/09/24

dpp_at_cray.com (David Peterschmidt) wrote:

>We have been using sqlnet v1 with oraperl v2.4. We are switching to
>sqlnet v2 and oraperl doesn't seem to work (as it is) with the new
>two_task variables.

>Does anyone know whether or not oraperl v2.4 supports the sqlnet v2
>two_task descriptions?

>We have installed oraperl v2.4 but I don't know if it's been installed with
>perl4 or perl5 (we have both but...)

>Thank you,
>Dave Peterschmidt
>Cray Research, Inc.
>dpp_at_cray.com

I have had some problems with TWO_TASK in Oraperl. ( Perl 5.001 ).

I have a daemon job processor that forks children to run background Oracle jobs. For some reason, the child processes can't connect with a shared server. They work fine with a dedicated server. ( Or is it the other way around? )

In any case, if you are using a shared server, try using a dedicated one instead. Or vice-versa.

jared still                  ---- ___o
jared_at_valleynet.com       ----  _`\ <,_