Re: OraPerl and SQL*Net V2

From: Bill Yuey <wyuey_at_juno.com>
Date: 1996/09/23

David Peterschmidt wrote:

> We have been using sqlnet v1 with oraperl v2.4. We are switching to
> sqlnet v2 and oraperl doesn't seem to work (as it is) with the new
> two_task variables.
>
> Does anyone know whether or not oraperl v2.4 supports the sqlnet v2
> two_task descriptions?
>
> We have installed oraperl v2.4 but I don't know if it's been installed with
> perl4 or perl5 (we have both but...)
>
> Thank you,
> Dave Peterschmidt
> Cray Research, Inc.
> dpp_at_cray.com

David,
As far as I know, oraperl is no longer supported. Rather, the prefered (or endorsed, if you prefer) method is to use DBI (Database Interface). There is an Oracle DBI to Perl 5 that we have used and works fine. For more information, go to http://www.fugue.com/dbi. Unfortunately, the link to Hermetica, which supplies more information to DBI, on that page doesn't seem to be working anymore (www.hermetica.com/technolgia/DBI/). Received on Mon Sep 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message