Re: Multiple Listeners

From: Michael J. Hillanbrand II <mjhii_at_pop.erols.com>
Date: 1996/09/20

Richard M. Slavik wrote:

> I am running Oracle 7.2.2 and 7.3.2 databases on an HP9000 running HPUX 10.01. Our HP boxes are configuired with two IP addresses. On of these addresses is a
>
> I would like to have two listeners for each database. On listener listening forrequests at the 10 baset address and the other for 100 VG. My goal is to be ab
> example tasks that would benefit from better network speed could use SID
> DB1_VG for the VG line. Other aplications, that ddn't require that kind of
> speed could use SID (alias) DB1 to use the slower 10 baset line.
>
> Has anybody done this, or am I crazy for trying? Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Rick SlavikNo Rick,

You are not crazy. It makes perfect sense. Just remember to assign different ports to each listener. It works fine.

For different reasons I have had ten listeners running for 1 DB.

Michael J. Hillanbrand II                            Dulcian, Inc.
                   Oracle Data Base Administration
Voice: 215-773-7307                           Fax:    610-277-2966
mailto://mjhii_at_erols.com  or    mailto://mjh_at_salts.icpphil.navy.mil
              Delaware Valley Oracle Users Group, Inc.
                http://www.oug.com/OUG/DEVOUG/
Contact me for Newsletter ads, articles, book reviews & Website Info.