Re: Q: IS THIS POSSIBLE, AND HOW ?

From: Tim Schram <g1238c_at_email.mot.com>
Date: 1996/09/17

Erlend Stokkedal wrote:

> Hello,
> I was wondering if it is possible to connect a Macintoch to a NT-SERVER ? The
> Oracle Database is stored at the NT-SERVER, and we want the Machintoch to
> access the data in the Database. What kind of hardware/software is required ?
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Regards from Erlend:-)

The best way to access data off an Oracle server is to use an oracle client and SQL*NET (assuming you have a network in place). You need to install Oracle for the Mac on your client as a runtime install, also install SQL*NET on the Mac, and configure the SQL*NET Listener on your NT server. When properly configured the Mac should be able to use sqlplus or Server Manager to access data and configurations.

If your application is portable, it can be installed on the Mac and run as a client/server installation accessing only data from your Oracle server. Received on Tue Sep 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message