Re: ORACLE Backup Methodology

From: Campbell White <Preveal2_at_vni.net>
Date: 1996/09/17

ctkumar wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> Is there anybody who can advise me on the backup methodology that I
> should follow while using ORACLE Database?. We will be using 2 Oracle
> Database Servers and I want to do Reliable On-Line backup (I cannot do
> offline backup since my servers will be used 24 hours). We are also
> looking for 3rd party tools that can do On-Line backup - advise me on
> this also. The size of database excepted will be 16GB on each server.
>
> --
> Kumar Chidambaram [ Pacific Internet Pte Ltd
> Database System Analyst 89 Science Park Drive #04-09/12
> The Rutherford, Singapore 118261
> Tel : (65) 771 0860
> Fax : (65) 773 6812 ]

You can download a wealth of Backup & Recovery methodology from "Reveal for Oracle: Administration." It includes specific advice for backup planning with diagrams, tips and all related scripts & syntax.

You can download Reveal for free from the RevealNet website (http:www.revealnet.com).

Best wishes,

Cam White
RevealNet, Inc.
(202) 234-8557 Received on Tue Sep 17 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message